Digipak - Typeface

I have looked at some fonts that might be suitable on dafont.com. I then typed out the name of the artist 'Matilda Childs'  and tested whether the letters and the font work well together considering factors such as what it will look like on the actual front cover on top of a photo of her and on the lyrics pages etc...


The fonts that I thought might be suitable are...

Story Book

Sweet Pea

Atlantic Cruise


Aku & Kamu


Mix Brush

Northwest


The Matic


The Million Mile Man 

I found that the most suitable fonts are simple, bold, San Serif fonts, especially when the image is quite busy already with lots of colours and objects. However, funky, curly fonts can be great if the cover image is quite simple and the type can make it more fascinating. This means that the font that I use will mainly depend on which photo I am choosing as my front cover and how busy that is.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment