Digipak - Experiments

After researching about album covers I also tried out some of the techniques myself to see if they are good for my album cover and whether it matches the genre.

For the first one, I have lighten the background and increased the constrast to make her stand out from the background. I have chose to use 'Northwest' as the font because the other fonts makes it too messy. It also matches the theme more with the simple, clean finish. I have used yellow for 'Brokenhearted' make it even more colourful and fun. I do like this version but I feel like the photo gives too much of a strong character, which is not something that's very visible in the music video therefore I think I'll need to use a different photo.


This is the second version that I designed. I like the use of shapes that was inspired by one of the album covers that I researched. I used Illustration to create the shapes so its sharper and it is also easier to get them in the right scale with the help of guidelines that I can't get on Photoshop. I then duplicated the layer of the face so it will stand out. However one of the problems I had was there wasn't enough space for the titles and it made it look very packed together when added on. I don't think I will be using this technique for my final design because it doesn't match the insides of the digipak and it doesn't seem like a Pop genre album cover. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment